We are closely monitoring weather reports of potential freezing rain, ice, and possibly snow late this weekend into early next week. Should weather conditions become too hazardous for travel in the area, the district will make a decision to shift to all remote learning on Tuesday, Feb. 16. We will make a final decision as soon as possible to provide families with time to make arrangements.
As the weekend progresses, please visit the MISD Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as our website (www.misd.org) for updates. If a decision is made to shift to remote learning, notifications will be sent out via email, text message and recorded phone call.
Please know that weather-related decisions are not taken lightly. When making a decision to close or shift to remote learning due to weather, the district works closely and consults with county officials as well as neighboring superintendents. All decisions are made with the safety of students and staff as the top priority.
All extracurricular events on campuses this Saturday will be held as scheduled.
As a reminder, all schools and offices will be closed in observance of Presidents’ Day on Monday, Feb. 15.