The families of Lone Star Elementary have always rallied to support our campus, but they took it next level in order to help Dr. Bartlett win! This past Saturday night the MISD Education Foundation hosted it’s first community fundraiser, Together We Grow. At the end of the night, one campus principal would be awarded a $2000 grant, this would be determined by the campus Hustle team that sold the most tickets. In the weeks leading up to the event staff, parents and even the students worked relentlessly and creatively to sell Hustle tickets. Much to everyone’s surprise, at the end of the night the foundation awarded a secondary and a primary campus grant, Lone Star won! Dr. Bartlett will use that grant to purchase a book vending machine so that every student can benefit. Thank you to all of our wonderful families that helped make this possible.
The Montgomery business community’s support is a vital part of what makes our school district successful. Montgomery ISD is thankful for the ongoing partnership that the Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce (MACC) provides, and they have stepped up to once again rally the community behind the Education Foundation’s Together We Grow community fundraiser.
“One of the Chamber’s key initiatives is to invest in our future,” MACC Executive Director Shannan Reid said. “Not just the next business to come along, but also as MISD prepares our young people to eventually return to Montgomery and build the community up for the next generation. The Montgomery Area Chamber is proud to support the MISD Education Foundation’s Together We Grow Community Fundraiser and encourages all Montgomery residents to join in this incredible event.”
The Montgomery ISD Education Foundation’s Together We Grow community fundraiser will be held on Saturday, April 24th from 7-11 p.m. This event is the remodeled version of their annual Gala, and will take place outdoors at the Old Community Center in Historic Montgomery. The Education Foundation board is putting great effort into making this event an inclusive and community-wide venture that will be a successful fundraiser for their scholarship and teacher grant programs.
The Montgomery ISD Education Foundation is hosting its first community fundraiser, Together We Grow, on Saturday, April 24th from 7-11pm. This event is the remodeled version of their annual Gala, and will take place outdoors at the Old Community Center in Historic Montgomery. The Education Foundation board is putting great effort into making this event an inclusive and community-wide venture that will be a successful fundraiser for their scholarship and teacher grant programs.
At the event, the Foundation will be rewarding a $2,000 campus grant to one MISD Principal for their Campus Hustle Project! There will be hustle teams of parents from each campus working at the event, selling sponsorship tickets to those in attendance that want to support our cause. The campus with the most hustle will win! The good news is, the hustle STARTS NOW! Below you will see videos of each campus principal explaining what they will do with the money if their campus wins, and the whole community is invited to join in the fun!
- Watch the videos below! You can also view them all here.
- Click on THIS LINK and purchase campus sponsorship tickets (at the very bottom) to help YOUR school win. This is where the “hustle” happens! Make sure you put YOUR campus in the blank so they will get the credit for the purchase!
- While you’re on the link, go ahead and purchase tickets to attend this great night! It will be a great night of BBQ, live music AND MORE in the heart of our growing town!
- SHARE the link and SHARE the video supporting YOUR campus choice on all your social media platforms! Anyone can purchase tickets to support the hustle, and anyone can attend the event, so let’s help YOUR campus come out on top!
- LIKE and FOLLOW the MISD Education Foundation Page on Facebook HERE. You can even tag them when you make your posts about the event!